Saturday, April 25, 2009

New Baby



I've been patiently waiting on Skye to calve, even though the family thought I was nuts. About a week ago her udder started dropping and her hips started popping out, only then did everyone start to agree with me. I have been harping on the girls about keeping an eye on her. This morning after the run to Evergreen Station, I asked again only to get a, "Yes, she's fine." About noonish Shelly and Bean ran down to check on water and came running back up just as fast. Skye had found a spot in the corner of her pasture and dropped a beautiful bouncy boy. I ran out to get pictures and check out mom and baby only to find that my camera had a dead battery. So after letting it charge for a bit we zipped back down to document the momentous occasion. Upon arrival, Skye had a one end of the afterbirth in her mouth and was chomping away. This sight got an, "EEEWWH GROSS," from Jolene. The little guy seems strong and healthy and now that he is dried off is a beautiful smokey gray color.

No comments:

Post a Comment