Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A new member!

The new Gato, Shadow!
Black Cats Rule!



This past winter we had the opportunity to hire a little extra help. Our hired help lived in Woodland Park. I happened to be running behind one day. I know, big surprise there! I entrusted a couple dozen eggs to the hand, gave him what I thought were adequate directions to the home of one of my customers and asked him to deliver the eggs. Several days later I received a phone call from the recipient of the eggs. It wasn't my usual customer on the other end of the line. Instead it was a new, bright and shiny voice that was singing the praises of my layer's gifts. After chit chatting for a bit I gained a new customer. For the past several months I've been delivering eggs, milk, and meat to this new customer friend. This wonderful family passed my name and information along to others and I've gained many new homes in which egg deliveries are made. Business is good, I'm thankful for the mistake the hired hand made.

Last week I received an email from that original "mistake" family. They were searching for a new home for their family cat. After a couple of phone calls, several emails and a visit to the ranch my family has been honored with another member. We welcomed Shadow to our clan. After a couple of days of adjustment he is starting to get the hang of things. He has become fast friends with one of our other cats, Thompson. They curl up together in one of the cat beds, eat from the same bowl and prowl around the basement harassing Mama Kitty.

I know what some of you are saying....Just keep it to yourselves. I'm happy, my family is happy. I am thankful to the universe that I have the means to provide homes for all of my critters.

No comments:

Post a Comment